Thursday, March 5, 2009

Just another reason I love my boys...

(Let me preface this by saying, Yes, I realize this will be a boring post and Yes, I realize most kids do this... but it's just something that has made me happy and smile recently.)

Today I got out the vacuum while the boys were playing some crazy action, running around the house, jumping down the stairs game. Suddenly all 3 of my boys come racing into the room with a different cleaning object to "help" me. They asked me if I was done vacuuming and when I said no, they got very excited! "Okay, good mom, cause we are going to help you!"






A few days ago I was cleaning out the fridge and when I asked the boys if they wanted to help me, they acted like I had asked them if they wanted a special treat! It was so funny to see them get so happy to be able to help me do some cleaning. And they were all very good helpers. They emptied out the fridge and as I would get a shelf cleaned off they would put the right things back where they go.
I just love my boys and how such simple things (and even things I don't like) can make them happy. Now if only I could figure out how to make that last...

2 comments:

AngiDe said...

I love it when they show interest in cleaning! so much fun and it makes them seem so much older!
XO

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

Wow! I need to learn your secret for having such helpful kids! I love the picture of them all wielding their cleaning objects like they were weapons. Lily has just started to "help" me around the house. She loves helping to put the dishes away and throwing things in the trash can. Hey--we want to see some pregnancy pictures!