Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Coley Cole!!

Or Co Co, according to Peyt

I can't even believe our second child is now 4 years old! How time flies!! What a sweet, smart, wonderful 4 year old he is!! He makes us laugh all the time and is constantly impressing us with his knowledge and memory.

One week in May the preschoolers were supposed to bring something that started with "Q" (the letter of the week) for show and tell. Cole came up to me that morning and asked "Does cute start with Q?" When I said sorry, but no. He said " Dangit! Cause I wanted to bring Peyton for show and tell!"

On the drive from Arizona to back home, Easton and Cole were telling us that they only wanted to drive to home and not drive anywhere again. Cole said "Only dad can go far places now!" (knowing that his work is in far off California). And Seth said that he would just make the boys go. To which Cole replied, "No! Cause I won't put my shoes on!"


Cole had a small birthday party on Friday with some friends at Chuck E Cheese. (I think he could go there every day and not get sick of it.) We had a lot of fun!
Batman cupcakes (I took the easy way on these ones)

Stuffing the pizza down so he could have frosting (yes, he only licked the frosting off and didn't touch the cupcake)

Normally, we sing Happy Birthday in the morning and they get to blow out candles on pancakes, waffles, muffins, whatever they choose for their birthday breakfast. Cole totally shocked me and picked cereal. So we had to sing to him at lunch with leftover pizza. :)
On his real birthday (Sunday) Grandma and Grandpa and TJ and Tara came over to celebrate.

Showing off his present from the TJs.
His Batman cake. He got up one night from bed, about a week ago, and asked "Mom, how many days till my birthday?" After I answered him, he got a huge grin on his face and said "I want a Batman cake for my birthday!" I told him that sounded awesome and then he turned around and went right back to bed.
Singing Happy Birthday
Blowing out candles
Eating cake and ice cream before we got forks to them

6 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Happy Birthday Cole! What a cute kid he is.

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

And SUPER cute cake by the way!

Curtiss & Ginger said...

oh my gosh! I laughed the whole time as i read this blog! How CUTE!!! Im so sad i missed his party! chuck e cheese would have been so much fun! jk :) miss you guys!

Betsy said...

I'm way impressed with your cake decoration skills! The Batman cake rocks! I laughed out loud when I saw the piece of leftover pizza with birthday candles in it. So cute!

Amy said...

Way cute cake!

Brittney & Morgan said...

Did you make that cake? I am SUPER impressed. Not surprised, just impressed! I have a cupcake book that you would LOVE! It has over like 100 cupcakes that you can make look like anything.