Tuesday, September 6, 2011

great to be eight

So my baby turned 8! It still seems insane to me that he is that old, although sometimes he acts so much older. :) 

We've decided for big birthdays (8 and 12) we won't spend money on a friend birthday party and get them an extra big present. (Although I'm still trying to decide how exactly we want to do birthday parties... doing 5 most summers just seems like PURE MADNESS! My sister-in-law gave me a great idea that her family used to do (each year the child could choose between a big friend birthday party OR a night out with just the parents and pick a few presents together), but Seth doesn't seem convinced of it yet. So if anyone else has great ideas, let me know. :)

Anyways... the reason I explained that is because since there was no official birthday party, I don't hardly have any pictures of Easton and his birthday. 

Birthday Breakfast (Yes, that is a doughnut. Krispy Kreme to be exact. Hey, what the birthday boy wants, the birthday boy gets.)

Then a week later we had his baptism. It was a beautiful and perfect afternoon. Despite being late, (I won't blame anyone, but will say that it was not my fault :) and not getting a picture of Easton and Seth before. :( Seth got one on his phone but we're still figuring out how to email them. 

and no, Seth is not going bald. He just shaved his hair with the shortest clippers and this picture makes him look bald. :)

And I will share this tip for all those who have future 8 year olds ;)-
I got some cardstock in a couple shades of blue and cut them into about 5x7, then while Easton and Seth were changing after the baptism, I asked everyone to write down thoughts and/or their testimony for Easton to keep. And my sister Mandie played music during this time. The next morning Easton and I read them together and it was so special. I loved reading all the encouraging words, advice, testimonies and everything else. And he just couldn't wipe the grin off his face while reading them too. So special and I'm so glad I did it!


Happy Birthday my Baby Boy!!

3 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

He's so cute and that is such a great idea on the testimonies! I'll probably have to do that! Congrats to Easton!

Curtiss & Ginger said...

ohhh that made me smile just thinking of him reading all his notes :) how cute! That really was such a good idea, remind me of it in 8 years! :) What a cute family pic of after the baptism...haha...at least Cole isnt TOO angry in it:) It really was such a special day..I'm so happy we could make it to at least the baptism. Can't believe he is that old..so sad!

Tiff, Adam, Lily, Gemma and Linus said...

I can't believe he's that big! What cute ideas. I'll have to remember those (or have you remind me, because I will forget). :)