Friday, June 25, 2010

bedroom makeover

So yesterday I decided I am so sick of my bedroom being the place where we -all 6 of us- spend most of our time. I don't like the tv in it. I don't like the computer and huge desk in it. I want my bedroom to be just my bedroom. Any ideas on how to actually do that? I just can't think of another good place in my house for the computer and desk.
I would love to re-do my bedroom and make it modern, beautiful and romantic. ;) I think some wall sconces by the bed would be so awesome, I especially like this one. I also have grand dreams of making my own headboard from something old, but I can't seem to find any ideas online (even though I know I've read some). I also want fabulous bedding. Ours is 5 years old, getting holes in it, and really wasn't even beautiful to begin with. I really like ones like this one and this one and this one - although I don't think Seth would allow that color in our room. :)
I still haven't done much redecorating in my house, even though I posted about it a while ago. I thought if I posted about it, that would motivate me to get something done, but sadly it didn't. (Although currently we are focusing our time on getting our backyard fixed up, so that's kind of my excuse for now...) Now that I think about it, I was still leaving it as a wish, instead of a goal. I am going to start making a real plan and budget and then save for it. Maybe that will really be what I need get going. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

How fun! I love those bed sets you picked out. We currently have one I love from Target with branches and birds. I need to make our headboard. I bought fabric and foam to cover some plywood (just staple the fabric around the foam onto the plywood, like around to the back) but I just need to get Dillon to cut me some plywood.

Exciting! Good luck!

Curtiss & Ginger said...

Yes and after you make your room all beautiful you can come teach me how to do the same!!! I always want to do new projects!! Maybe one day when we have our REAL HOME you will have enough practice we can pay you to be our stylist.