Friday, April 1, 2011

april fool's!

Late last night I suddenly remembered it was April Fool's Day. Previous years (2010 & 2009) I've done fun stuff for my boys for either breakfast or dinner but this was all my exhausted body and mind could think of at 11 last night.  (You should've seen my poor swollen feet/legs after standing forever to trim, wrap and freeze 40 pounds of chicken. Ugh! But at least I got a fantastic deal on it and won't be buying chicken for a very long time. :)

We already have plans to go out tonight so I decided I'd give the boys breakfast in crazy dishes and utensils. When they asked what was going on, I just told them I was getting breakfast ready. It took a while for them to figure out it was for April Fool's - but eventually they did.

Froot Loops with a huge bowl and spoon

Pancakes on a cookie sheet with a huge fork

Yogurt with a baby spoon
  (And I also gave them bananas that I had cut through the skin with a toothpick, so when they peeled them they fell apart in big chunks - they didn't think that was a 'trick', only that I was magic. :)

I also made them rotate every two minutes so they could try everything and they thought that was extra cool too. I even got "this is the best breakfast ever!".

Later that morning I was taking a 'before' picture of a frame that I bought at the DI that I'm hoping to try and make beautiful and as soon as Trey saw the camera he stood in front of me and said "cheese! cheese! cheese!"

Happy April Fool's!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You always seem to have good ideas! You're April Fool's was nice - I guess you learned your lesson from about worrying Ginger to death when we were young.

Curtiss & Ginger said...

hahaha....I LOVE your April Fools! But what did you do to Seth?? Hopefully you got him goooood!! The banana idea is funny...I might have to do that to Curtiss, just for fun!

Brittney & Morgan said...

Dez...How did you make your blog list show what there last post was?

Lei said...

You sure do have a cute family! Thanks for commenting in my series at Brown Paper Packages! Hope you'll keep reading and best of luck with the new one on the way. :)